Mountain West Medical Center serves a diverse community and prides itself on offering a variety of language assistance services to our non-English speaking and Limited English Proficient (LEP) patients and their families. In order to accommodate our community and eliminate the language and cultural barriers, the hospital offers the following services:
- A communication system is available to all hearing impaired, visually impaired, and/or English speaking and non-English speaking patients.
- The information provided to the impaired is translated in a manner that meets the patient’s needs.
- Concerns of patients and visitors are welcomed and the patient/family has the right to express them without fear of future care being affected.
- A multi-lingual language line phone service (Cyracom) is available 24 hours a day. This service is staffed with medically certified translators. The Operator, Emergency Room staff, or registration staff is to be notified in order to access the service for communication. For routine services, Language Line Interpreter can be contacted at (800) 481-3289.
- Qualified (defined as medically certified, competencies complete and on file in HR, and based on proficiency, assessment, education training and experience) hospital employees may provide translation. This includes language and signing.
- The nursing staff is available to answer questions, provide assistance and acknowledge concerns.