Offering Relief for Back Pain, Care for Stroke Patients and So Much More
As part of an affiliation strategy with the University of Utah Health, June Chavez, MD can now see patients in Tooele.
Residents of Tooele now have access to a university-affiliated, subspecialty-trained neurosurgeon. Having local access to this specialty care eases the burden of travel for care as patients and their families can access this leading surgeon from the University of Utah Health without leaving our community.
Top procedures/surgeries preformed:
- Anterior and posterior cervical fusion
- Lumbar microdisectomy
- Lumbar decompression
- Lumbar fusion
- Muscle biopsies
- Nerve biospies
- Carpal tunnel release
- Vagal nerve stimulator
- Spinal cord stimulator
- General neurosurgery
- Adult degenerative spine disorders
- Spine trauma
- Brain tumors
- Cranial trauma
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus
- Subdural hematomas
The addition of Dr. Chavez as a member of the medical staff at Mountain West Medical Center is part of the broader affiliation strategy with the University of Utah Health. Dr. Chavez specializes in general neurosurgery which treats a number of conditions including adult degenerative spine disorders, spine trauma, brain tumors, cranial trauma, and stroke care.
Most often, Dr. Chavez helps patients who have pain associated with a herniated or degenerative disc.
Common symptoms associated with these painful back conditions may include:
- Pain radiating in the arm or hand
- Numbness, weakness or tingling in arms or pain near shoulder blades or neck
- Radiating pain and pressure in the lower back
- Changes in gait, such as unsteadiness, lack of coordination or difficulty initiating leg movement
Mountain West Medical Center has also acquired advanced operating room CT imaging equipment.